The CIPDH Balkan Department is the subdivision of the International Human Rights Defence Committee, which have been registered as non-profit organization at Sofia City Court march, 20 2012. (Order № 175/2012 ). The CIPDH Balkan Department has the following management board:
- Director – Mr. Alymov Evgenios.
- Vice-Director – Mrs. Politakina Elena
- Executive Director – Mr. Todorov NIkolay
Administrative Council of International Human Rights Defence Committee supports the CIPDH Balkan Department in realisation of the articles #7-8-9 of the Global Compact Agreement regarding environmental support at the territory of the Balkan countries and Bulgaria. Particular importance has the implementation of the provisions of which will contribute to the optimal development of industries that affect the level of people’s lives and preserve the environment of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Particularly the following provisions:
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Since 2011, The CIPDH Balkan Department is engaged in cooperation with the municipalities of Bulgaria in the preparation and realisation of economic and environmental programs related to the processing of waste and the creation of alternative sources of energy.
The CIPDH Balkan Department operates in the following branches:
- Independent monitoring of the processing and disposal problems of domestic and industrial waste at the territory of Bulgaria;
- Exchange of information and experience gained in the EU environmental fields through participation in seminars, conferences, international forums and other events, as well as in social and community projects organized by the countries of the Balkan region;
- Implementation of legal assistance to public organizations, private companies that are developing recycling technologies;
– Analysis of the various facts and events in the EU related to environmental issues and their impact on the environment and the living environment;
- Development of legislative initiatives in the field of supervision and control. And also the penalties application and other enforcement measures in cases of gross violations of the law of Bulgaria and the EU in the field of ecology.
– The development of relations between environmental organizations and industries in the European Union and other foreign countries, successfully working in the field of environmental protection and the use of modern technologies for processing waste.
The CIPDH Balkan Department creates all the conditions for the expansion of its work and the implementation of international environmental cooperation with all relevant international partners.
Director of the CIPDH Balkan Department
Mr. Alymov Evgenios.